CONTRACTOR ROLE - Country / Regional Manager, GBTA Canada
The Country/Regional Manager, GBTA Canada is a vital role in the continued growth and success of GBTA’s region of Canada. Working as an extension of the Global Operations team, this role will be the main operational contributor for GBTA Canada. They will be expected to follow through with and execute the Canadian region’s strategy for event programming, membership, volunteer engagement, and regional growth. Experience within any of the Canadian travel, hospitality, meetings/events industry, particularly within the corporate segment is an asset. GBTA Canada is seeking someone who is passionate about making a difference, committed to following through and executing successful projects, has a keen eye for attention to detail, and is interested in expanding upon their own professional development.
STATEMENT OF WORK
Conference & Education Session Management (live & virtual):
- Session Management including education session management, call-for-proposals administration, session review and selection process, reporting, communication management.
- Speaker Management for all speakers, panels, and presenters of an event or program.
- Organize and communicate session details to Marketing team for website, agenda, session updates.
- Review, proof, and edit content based on GBTA style and format requirements.
- Zoom Webinar coordination, including prep/planning, rehearsals, live & virtual events.
- On-site logistics – coordinate and execute event logistics to include pre & post-event, education sessions, speaker management, on-site volunteers for GBTA Canada Conference 2023, GBTA Canada Workshop Series 2023, as well as other events/meetings as planned.
- Participate in GBTA Canada Advisory Board and Committee meetings, taking appropriate notes, recording actions, and ensuring compliance to deliverables.
- Work with GBTA Canada Committees to assist with the direction of workflow, coordination, execution, and processes involved with webinars, podcasts, GBTA Canada Education sessions, events, etc.
- Coordinate and schedule all volunteer roles and responsibilities for various initiatives, virtual events, and conferences.
- Assist with updating volunteer databases and any other administrative responsibilities necessary for GBTA Canada volunteers
Data and Admin Management
- Manage and administer information to update contact databases, CV (association management platform), marketing distribution lists, volunteer databases
- Record and maintain notes, minutes, and records of key meetings, and ensure effective internal communications – store all GBTA related documents in Microsoft Teams
- Participate in GBTA internal meetings related to the region of Canada or the broader association
- Working with the GBTA Marketing team to help coordinate and review regional assets for PowerPoint presentations/templates, promotional flyers, communications e-mails/drafts, Connecting Canada Monthly Newsletter etc.
- Leverage industry relationships to help build partnerships and secure sponsorship-off-set arrangements to benefit GBTA Canada initiatives and events
- Working with the GBTA Membership team to help increase Canadian membership through proactive outreach measures
- Regular membership outreach to help grow and retain GBTA Canada members from:
- Canada conference & event attendees
- Virtual attendees (webinars, town halls, training programs)
- Direct Talk attendees
- Volunteer referrals etc.
- 5 years of experience in the Canadian Travel, Meetings/Event, or Hospitality Industry, ideally corporate segment; OR 3-5 years as a Corporate Travel Manager in the Canadian Market; OR 5 years of experience with a Canadian not-for-profit association in a similar role
- Experience with event registration systems.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Strong technical skills, including cloud-based systems. Must have a high level of skills in MS Office Suite and project management systems.
- Excellent interpersonal (oral and written) communication, time management, administrative, multitasking, and organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to manage and track deadlines and action items, and professionally secure answers from internal and external staff on deadline items.
- Customer service and solutions focused.
- Ability to travel and complete contract requirements (may include weekend and evening events/meetings)
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Cvent, Clear Vantage, JotForm experience preferred.
- Zoom and other video webinar/meeting platforms.
- Speaker Management Platform experience.
- Experience supporting large trade show events.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to take orders, and ability to show tact and deference towards those in positions of authority and greater responsibility.
- Must be flexible, detail oriented, well organized, and be able to think on their feet.
- Multilingual, French-speaking preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Prolonged periods sitting/remaining stationary at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to remain stationary and move for long periods of time, during events.
- Must be able to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19.
- Must be able to work a variety of hours in order to accommodate events.
- Travel to GBTA Canada events and meetings as required.
- Possible travel to Annual Convention or other international GBTA events/meetings, as requested.
- Must have a valid Canadian passport.
- Remote, Canada-based required
- Ideally located within commute distance to Toronto (Greater Toronto Area, Canada)
The Global Business Travel Association (GBTA) is the world’s premier business travel and meetings organization headquartered in the Washington, D.C. area with global operations as well as 37 chapters across the U.S. GBTA’s members manage more than $345 billion of global business travel and meetings expenditures annually. For over 40 years, the Association has been dedicated to the worldwide advancement of the business travel industry and its professionals through advocacy, research, education, training, development and networking opportunities. www.gbta.org